6M ROLL 360MM CODE 5 LEAD 55KG
Milled Lead is the only lead flashing manufactured to BS EN 12588, the British Standard for lead and lead alloys. The production process ensures the product is consistent and has a similar thickness throughout the entire length of the roll. It achieves this by passing a lead slab continually through two hydraulic rollers until a specific thickness throughout has been produced. Hence the common name for the product rolled lead .
Code 5 milled lead is recommended when replacing and installing new lead valleys and when working on listed or historical buildings such as Churches. You can use Code 5 lead in maximum lengths of 1.5m as it advisable not to have your flashings exceed this length. Burton Roofing Merchants stock 3m and 6m rolls which will enable either 2 or 4 pieces to be cut from each roll respectively.
At Burton Roofing Merchants we carry vast stocks of lead throughout our group such as the popular Code 5 Lead 450mm x 6m, along with many other sizes to suit your roofing requirements. If you can t find the product you require on our website, please contact our friendly sales staff at email@example.com who will be happy to source the length and width of product you require.
Ever wondered why it called Code 5? Back in the day it weighed 5lb per square foot.
- Recommended for use on dormer roofs and pitched roof valleys
- Easy to work with and has a low melting point, suitable for most roofing applications even in severe weather exposure areas
- Maximum application length is 1.5m
- Code 5 is 2.24mm thick and weighs 25.4kg per square metre (thickness to BS EN12588 allows a tolerance of +/- 5%)
- Available in 3m and 6m roll lengths and various widths