Green Roof Systems
Modern day roof gardens are now available in an easy to install green roof kit. Beautiful wild flowers along with sedum plants have been developed as an ingenious green roof system. Easy to install and with each unit only needing to slot into the next, they really are a readymade garden.
With a minimum of only four units qualifying for free delivery anywhere in the UK, you don’t need to have the skills of Monty Don or Carol Klein to create a beautiful environmentally friendly roof.
- GrufeKit Sedum Tiles per m2
- Extremely easy to install, simply clip together.
- Pre-grown for instant impact and quality finish.
- Protects waterproofing and increases life of roof membrane.
- No mowing, no watering and no re-planting.
- Sedum is a perennial (evergreen) plant.
- A garden watchers dream plant! A beautiful mix of white, pink, yellow and red flowers during the spring and summer months, dying back to browns and greens during autumn and winter.
- Free delivery available when ordering a minimum of £150 of GrufeKit products
- GrufeKit Scottish Pebbles 20kg Bag
There are a number of reasons to consider including stone areas on a green roof, some of these are:
- Access, as plants such as Sedum are not intended to support frequent foot traffic it would be a good idea to consider stone paths if frequent access is required for maintenance or leisure
- Aesthetic, some roof designs use stone areas to create artistic patterns or even a simple border might add character in some situations
- Fire break, the FLL Guidelines and the GRO Green Roof Code include requirements for the provision of fire breaks within green roof design
- Wind resistance, in particularly blustery areas a stone border can be used to prevent the chance of wind uplift pressures on the green roof
- Prevent debris, a stone border can effectively stop wind-borne plant parts and debris reaching the edge of the roof and gutters
- Meet regulations, some councils stipulate the inclusion of stone areas for a number of reasons (usually to act as a fire-break)
- Grufeguard Aluminium Edge Trim 1m
If you don’t have a parapet or an up-stand then this Aluminium GrufeGuard can be installed. GrufeGuard requires no fixings and is simply laid on top of the protection fleece (supplied in your GrufeKit) we recommend using 100mm height GrufeGuard as standard.Click To View Full Product Details
- GrufeKit Brown Wildflower Tiles per m2
- Extremely easy to install, simply clip together
- Protects waterproofing and increases life of roof membrane
- High biodiversity and allows windblown local seeds to grow
- Easy to install budget system, which looks amazing in spring and summer with its range of stunning colours from the wildflower seeds. Will die back to bare soil in autumn and winter.
- Optional maintenance.
- Free delivery available when ordering a minimum of £150 on GrufeKit products.