VELUX Roofing Windows
VELUX roof windows
VELUX is the world’s leading manufacturer of roof windows, making them ideal for inviting extra light into your home. Whether you’re looking for VELUX roof windows for a loft extension, a home renovation, or any project where a skylight window would be suited, you can explore our range today.
Not only do we sell VELUX roof windows, but you’ll also find all the extras you need. Explore our range of VELUX accessories, including controls, blinds, installation products, replacement glazing and more.
Whether you’re a tradesperson or homeowner, we’re here to help you get your project going with next-day delivery on orders placed before 2pm.
If you have any questions about finding the right VELUX rooflight size, or you need assistance with the different VELUX rooflights we have an offer, call 0800 124 4431 or visit us in one of our stores.
Why choose a VELUX roof window?
VELUX roof windows have been designed to maximise fresh air and daylight. Not only will they breathe fresh life into a space, but it can:
- Offer a better living environment: Enhance the functionality of a property by adding natural light. Transform unused space with the addition of a VELUX roof window.
- Improve aesthetics: VELUX roof windows can help make awkward and dark spaces feel bigger and brighter.
For nearly 80 years, VELUX has been producing roof windows which are synonymous with quality and reliability, and when you choose VELUX roof windows, you’ll be given a 10-year guarantee. Ensuring energy efficiency and long-term performance, VELUX rooflights also comply with building regulations.
As an approved VELUX supplier, we stock a wide range of styles and accessories to suit different properties, tastes and projects, so you don’t have to spend your time shopping around to find the perfect VELUX roof window and accessories.
Are there different types of VELUX roof windows?
There is a whole host of VELUX rooflights to choose from, varying in size, colour and style. Each comes in a range of finishes, glazing specifications, flashings, and opening options. VELUX roof windows are a popular choice if you’re looking to transform extensions and loft conversions.
- VELUX centre pivot roof window – This option is easy to operate, thanks to the innovative top control bar. You can install the window at a lower height, compared with a bottom-operated window, allowing you an excellent view while sitting or standing.
- VELUX top hung roof window – These are opened with an elegant handle at the bottom of the frame and give a full, open view of the skyline, maximising the amount of natural daylight.
- VELUX INTEGRA® - These innovative VELUX roof windows are electric or solar-powered units and are available top hung or with a centre pivot.
How do I decide which VELUX roof window to choose?
Choosing which VELUX roof window is for you will be down to a matter of taste, how you intend to use the space, the pitch of the roof and the property’s location.
- Roof pitch - VELUX centre pivot roof windows require roof pitches between 15° and 90°, while VELUX top hung roof windows are best suited to roof pitches between 15° and 55°, as well as 55° and 75°.
- Internal finish - VELUX roof windows are available in a white painted finish, white polyurethane interior finish and pine finish. The bright white painted finish is perfect for modern interiors, while the white polyurethane, with no visible joints, is ideal for minimalist spaces. The pine finish matches perfectly with traditional interiors.
- External finish – All VELUX roof windows come with grey aluminium covers as standard, but you can also select a specific colour.
- Glazing – If you live close to a motorway, railway line, or somewhere that generally has a lot of noise pollution, you may want to consider VELUX roof windows with double glazing. Similarly, if the rooflight could be accessed from the outside, you might want to choose roof windows with a laminated inner pane and a toughened outer pane to deter intruders.
- Accessibility – Electric roof windows can be opened and closed with ease and are great if you’re planning on fitting a VELUX window in a roof that has a high pitch.
Once you’ve chosen which VELUX roof windows are most suited to your space, you can consider which accessories will work. Blinds, rollers, shutters and awnings not only look good, but they also help in managing heat and light. They can shade a room when it gets too hot and sunny or prevent heat loss on colder days.
If you’re still unsure which VELUX roof windows you require, call us on 0800 124 4431 and a member of our friendly team will offer you some helpful advice.
H2: What size VELUX roof windows do I need?
Our VELUX roof windows come in different sizes, so it’s worth measuring your space to determine which dimensions will fit the area better.
Large VELUX roof windows will allow more light into the room and can transform a dark and unused space into a bright and airy room. However, if you’re trying to create a cosier feel or live in a more traditional home, a smaller VELUX rooflight might be more suitable.
Finding the right VELUX rooflight size is easy because each VELUX rooflight sold after 1968 has a code, so it’s simple to order the right size replacement or spare part by matching this number.
Do I need planning permission for VELUX roof windows?
You don’t normally need planning permission for VELUX roof windows as the permitted development rules allow for roof alterations, subject to the following limits and conditions:
- No alteration to be higher than the highest part of the roof
- Any side-facing windows that are more than 1.7m above the ground and overlooking neighbours must be obscure-glazed
- Any alteration to the project cannot protrude more than 150 mm past the existing roof plane
However, you will need permission to install roof windows if you live in a leasehold property, or if you live in a building where your local authority has made an Article 4 Direction, removing your permitted development rights.
Do I need building regulations approval for VELUX roof windows?
While you may not need planning permission for VELUX roof windows, you must still follow any relevant building regulations and seek approval for any work you have carried out.
Adding new or altering existing VELUX roof windows can affect the integrity of the building, so special care must be taken to ensure your roof continues to be structurally sound and meets all building regulations. This is because:
- The roof structure will probably need to be altered to cater for the VELUX rooflights.
- The roof will have to carry the weight of the new VELUX roof window and may need to be strengthened.
- The VELUX roof window must be sufficiently insulated for energy efficiency.
- Unplanned movement can occur as a result of any structural work.
How much are VELUX roof windows?
VELUX windows prices are dependent on several factors including:
- The type of roof window you have chosen. VELUX centre pivot roof windows are typically cheaper than VELUX top hung roof windows.
- VELUX rooflight sizes.
- The control mode: electric VELUX windows, manual or solar powered.
- The glazing type. VELUX triple-glazed roof windows tend to be more expensive compared with double-glazed styles.
- Your chosen VELUX flashing kit.
If you’re in any doubt about VELUX window prices, our friendly team are on hand to help put together estimates and ensure you install the right VELUX roof windows for your project.
Are there any VELUX roof window accessories or extras available?
Not only can you buy your VELUX roof windows from us, but we also supply the accessories and extras you need to complete the project. This includes:
- Blinds: Designed to block out sunlight, our blinds come in a variety of materials, colours and styles.
- VELUX roof window flashing kits: Choose the flashing kit that matches the exterior of your home for seamless integration.
- VELUX replacement glass: Repair or upgrade your VELUX roof windows at a fraction of the cost. With a variety of glazing options available, fitting a VELUX window in a roof is easy!
- Smoke ventilation systems: Ensure safety and comply with building regulations with break-glass units and smoke ventilation systems.
- Installation products: We have the tools you need to get the job done. From support trimmers, to lining kits, glazing bars and more.
- Other accessories: Shop repair kits, VELUX electric roof window conversion kits, opening rods and other useful extras.
Get your VELUX roof windows from Burton Roofing today
As a trusted supplier of VELUX roof windows, you can rest assured that you will get the service to match a dependable product when you get your VELUX rooflights from Burton Roofing.
With over 35 years of experience in the trade, our customers have rated us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot, and we think you will too. We offer free delivery in selected areas, and if you place your order online before 2pm, you can get next-day delivery on all products in stock.
Items 1-24 of 349
- VELUX GGL 2070 White Painted Centre Pivot Roof Windows with Laminated Safety GlazingFrom£226.44 £188.70
- VELUX GPU 0070 White Polyurethane Top Hung Roof Window with Laminated Safety GlazingFrom£388.06 £323.38