Foil Board Insulation
Foil-backed roof insulation boards are great for boosting the thermal performance of any home or space, improving comfort, reducing energy bills and helping to protect the environment in the process.
Whether you are a homeowner looking to make improvements to your house or a tradesperson looking for the best loft insulation boards to buy, our range includes products suited to a variety of applications.
View the full range here and read on for more information about foil board insulation. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to visit us in your nearest depot, reach out by telephone on 0800 124 4431 or email email@example.com.
What is foil board insulation?
PIR (Polyisocyanurate) insulation boards can be used in several locations around any building, whether in ceilings, walls or floors.
The boards have a solid foam consistency and come with a foil wrap on one or sometimes both sides. Foil-backed loft insulation and boarding is a cost-effective solution as the product works to insulate the home in many ways, minimising heat loss and helping to keep household costs down.
Our roof insulation boards are available in a range of different sizes, depending on your needs. However, don’t worry too much about awkward spaces. These products can be easily cut and trimmed into the required shapes and sizes that your space requires.
How does foil-backed insulation board work?
Foil board insulation works to prevent heat loss in a space in two different ways.
Much like any traditional thermal insulation board, the material used – in this case PIR – provides an area with thermal resistance, as the thick boards act as poor conductors of heat.
As the heat cannot pass through the board, it helps to build up the temperature in the space and keep it warm in colder weather or cool in the warmer months.
Filling any gaps in joists or floorboards is crucial here. If air is allowed to get between the boards, it will allow heat to escape more freely and might mean a lot more money is spent on both energy bills and rectifying the issue later down the line. Using an expanding foam to fill in any gaps can help with this.
Foil-backed insulation board also acts as a reflector, diverting infrared back into the space that needs to be kept warm.
This double action can be highly efficient and effective when foil boards are installed properly, making them ideal for use as flat roof insulation boards where space is often at a premium.
What are the benefits of foil board insulation?
- Better thermal efficiency: In an uninsulated house, a quarter of all the heat lost is through the roof. If your roof spaces and loft are not already properly insulated, you will see an enormous benefit from installing a product as powerful as foil-backed insulation board.
- Keeps costs down: And once that thermal efficiency is in place, you’ll soon see the change in your pocket. As you reach to turn the thermostat up less often, you’ll find your energy bills soon come tumbling down.
- A future-proof solution: According to the Energy Saving Trust , loft insulation boards should have an effective lifespan of 40 years. Provided installation is handled correctly, the boards should pay for themselves many times over in that time.
- You can even install it yourself: If you’re confident in your abilities around the home, you can probably even look to install foil board insulation as a DIY project. With just a few tools and a willingness to get stuck into all the nooks and crannies of your space, getting stuck in by yourself is another way to keep costs down!
What types of foil board insulation are available?
We offer three different types of foil-backed insulation board, each in a range of sizes. Whether you’re looking for a 25mm insulation board to complement an existing system or want 100mm insulation boards as an all-in-one solution, browse our available products here to find what you need.
- PIR Foilboard: Lightweight and easy to install, these roof insulation boards give the same level of insulation as almost twice as much glass wool. This range includes industry leaders such as Kingspan, Xtratherm, Ecotherm and Ballytherm.
- Ultra Deck Roofboard: A composite insulated panel of PIR core with a composite foil face, bonded to WBP-grade plywood. Designed to provide high levels of thermal insulation and decking in one operation for newbuilds and refurbishment at roof applications.
- Phenolic Insulation Board: Phenolic insulation boards are the most effective type of rigid insulation board currently available. Phenolic insulation board is manufactured by a process in which a plastic foam forms an insulating core between two flexible facing layers. Ranges include: Kingspan Kooltherm K103, K108, K107 and K112, and Xtratherm Safe R PR/Safe UF.
When should I use foil board insulation?
Foil boards can be used as insulation in lofts, ceilings and flat roofs alike. In newbuild properties, they can be used to reduce the need for homeowners to insulate spaces immediately after moving in.
In older properties, the two-factor strength of foil-backed thermal insulation boards means that huge benefits can be brought to homeowners in improving their home’s efficiency and saving on energy bills.
Owing to their lightweight design and ease in being cut to the required shape, these boards can be used in both cold roof and warm roof applications.
Whether you’re looking to keep a home warmer in the winter, provide insulation to a loft extension that will become a living space or simply keep on top of your energy bills, foil board insulation is a great multipurpose solution.
Get foil board insulation from the experts
We’ve been in business for over 35 years and have built up a wealth of knowledge in that time around just about any kind of roofing project.
With a vast selection of products, all backed up by that deep well of experience, it’s little wonder that our customers rate us ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot, with our knowledgeable and friendly customer service, competitive pricing and rapid delivery all going a long way.
Whether you’re looking for a bit of advice on using foil-backed insulation board or you know exactly what you want and want to talk about costs, we can help you get the job done. Our knowledgeable staff can talk you through matters such as our products’ U-values or lead times for delivery.
Items 1-12 of 15
Our Featured Products
- P.I.R Foilboard 25mm x 1200 x 2400mmPrice On Application Price On ApplicationOut of stock
- P.I.R Foilboard 50mm x 1200 x 2400mmPrice On Application Price On ApplicationOut of stock
- Ultra Deck Roofboard 50mm/6mm x 1200 x 2400mmPrice On Application Price On ApplicationOut of stock
- Ultra Deck Roofboard 150mm/6mm x 1200 x 2400mmPrice On Application Price On ApplicationOut of stock
- Ultra Deck Roofboard 120mm/6mm x 1200 x 2400mmPrice On Application Price On ApplicationOut of stock
- Ultra Deck Roofboard 100mm/6mm x 1200 x 2400mmPrice On Application Price On ApplicationOut of stock