Burton Roofing Merchants Ltd has been supplying roofing materials to the nation for over 35 years and our success is built on people, our biggest asset.
We look forward to hearing from individuals who are looking to further their career within the industry. If you have a proven track record within roofing sales, HGV deliveries with crane off-load, estimating or a technical customer service role within construction then please contact your local depot to log your interest.
Please register your intrest to; email@example.com
We are looking to seek a Transport Coordinator at our York branch who will be responsible for overseeing the day to day running of the transport department.
Reporting to the Branch manager and the group transport manager when required your main roles will be ..
- Oversee a team of 3 drivers and 1 relief driver.
- Plan routes and loads daily so they run efficiently as possible.
- Keep all vehicles maintained and in line with current legislations.
- Download driver cards and taco head units and upload them onto the tacomaster system.
- Work closely with the Branch manager and yard operatives.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure we meet customers’ needs and times with deliveries where possible.
- Check loads off with the Yard foreman before they leave the yard to ensure correct materials loaded & Picked
- Contact customers if there is any shortages on their deliveries or amendments to delivery date/day.
- Answer incoming phone calls and take orders during busy periods.
- Ensure drivers are compliant with tachograph regulations and drivers hours rules.
- Keep all forklift trucks maintained and in safe working order.
- To carry out further tasks which from time to time may be delegated to you by your manager.
- To ensure the drivers have the correct paperwork and all paperwork filed correctly.
Experience within a transport role and knowledge of current legislation would be an advantage but not essential as training will be provided.
This role can also be very challenging and the candidate must be able to work well under pressure in a busy environment and must be customer orientated