VELUX Flat Roof Windows & Rooflights
VELUX has been helping transform homes for nearly eighty years. Thanks to their innovative design and quality manufacturing VELUX flat roof windows are a trusted solution.
Whether you’re looking to transform a home office, add more light to your kitchen, or you just want to update any other space where a flat roof VELUX is needed, we’ve got the solution for you.
The range of VELUX flat roof windows includes flat roof domes, as well as stylish and streamlined flat rooflights.
Why choose a VELUX flat roof window?
Allowing extra light in while retaining heat, VELUX flat roof windows are the perfect solution for any space. When you choose a flat roof VELUX window, you can rest assured you’re getting a product that’s been perfected by decades of expertise.
When you choose a VELUX flat roof skylight, you’ll experience some of these benefits:
· Better living environments: You’ll immediately see and feel the benefits of having extra daylight. Helping to transform spaces, your home will be given a new lease of life.
· Quality and safety: Smoke ventilation systems and exit solutions are available as part of the VELUX flat roof windows range, ensuring the safety of you and your loved ones or colleagues. The insulating effects protect against extreme temperatures, while also reducing exterior noise and disturbance.
· Tailored to surroundings: VELUX flat roof windows are available in a variety of shapes and sizes, as well as offering a wide range of accessories, ensuring your chosen window will complement your project.
As an approved VELUX supplier, we stock a wide range of styles and accessories to suit different properties, tastes, projects, and aims, so you don’t have to spend your time shopping around to find the perfect VELUX flat roof window and accessories.
Are there different types of VELUX flat roof windows?
VELUX has created a comprehensive range of flat roof systems, so you’re sure to find a style that suits your project. When purchasing a VELUX flat roof window, be sure to purchase both the base and the cover, as each is sold separately. They come in a variety of sizes and types including the electrically vented base unit, INTEGRA®, as well as manual operations. Opaque and transparent glass can also be chosen depending on your requirements.
Before choosing the top cover, you must choose a base unit. They include the options of fixed or electric opening styles, while top covers include flat roof domes and curved glass. You can also select an insulated timber kerb to match the size of your flat roof VELUX window, allowing you to install a pitched roof window on a flat roof. And for added safety and security, VELUX flat roof systems also offer access and emergency escapes, making the roof or terrace reachable in case of danger.
· VELUX curved glass rooflight – The unique curved glass design lets in more sunlight, and is the perfect modern addition to flat roofs, making it ideal for design-conscious homeowners.
· VELUX flat glass rooflight – Simple and stylish, the VELUX flat rooflight is a discreet feature on any roof with a 2° to 15° pitch. The glass surface has a special coating for easy cleaning too.
· VELUX flat roof dome – The modern version of the roof window bubble, VELUX flat roof domes are perfect for offices, workshops and homes.
· VELUX emergency exit dome – Allowing an exit height up to 1187 mm and a 60° opening, the flat roof VELUX emergency exit dome is an attractive and useful roof access window.
· VELUX smoke vent dome – Perfect for buildings that need to meet safety requirements. Typically used in stairwells and corridors, the VELUX smoke vent dome automatically opens in case of fire to release smoke and gases from the building.
How do I decide which VELUX flat roof window to choose?
There are a number of key considerations when deciding which VELUX flat roof window to choose:
· The room function – Thinking about what the room will be used for will help narrow down which flat roof VELUX window to choose. For example, the curved glass rooflight is perfect for contemporary living spaces, while flat roof domes are better suited to offices or workshops.
· The operation method – Consider whether you want a manual opening for your VELUX flat rooflight, or if you want VELUX electric flat roof windows with INTEGRA® technology. Using a control pad with a range of programs, you can control the light, heat and ventilation.
· The glazing options – VELUX glazing can provide heat and sound insulation, as well as offering added strength and protection from the elements
Once you’ve chosen the style you can add the finishing touches with roller blinds, shutters, and awnings. Not only do they look good, but they can shade a room from bright sunlight, and help prevent heat loss on colder days.
If you’re still unsure which VELUX flat roof windows to choose, call us on 0800 124 4431 and a member of our friendly team will offer you some helpful advice.
What size VELUX flat roof windows do I need?
There are a range of different sizes to consider when installing a VELUX skylight on a flat roof, so it’s worth measuring your space to determine the dimensions that suit your requirements.
If you’re looking to increase the amount of light, then a larger VELUX flat rooflight with a south-facing kerb can transform dark spaces, while VELUX flat roof domes are great for adding spots of warm light, making them perfect for reading nooks.
The style of the property may affect which flat roof VELUX window sizes to consider. Older or more traditional properties suit smaller rooflights, and contemporary properties can handle larger expanses of glass.
How do I fit a VELUX flat roof window?
VELUX flat roof windows have been designed to be easy to install, however correct installation is essential for the success of your project.
The correct opening for your flat roof system must be cut into the roof and the base installed following the instructions. Flashing must then be used to make the opening watertight, and finally your chosen top cover can be added.
If you need any assistance with installing a VELUX flat roof skylight, give us a call on 0800 124 4431 and one of our friendly experts can help you out.
How much are VELUX flat roof windows?
The cost of your VELUX flat roof window depends upon a few things including:
· The type of flat roof VELUX product you’re installing – whether a window or dome.
· Your chosen size.
· The control mode: manual, electric or solar-powered.
· Whether you are fitting a kerb.
· The type of glazing.
· Your chosen VELUX flashing kit.
Our team are on hand to compare options and put together estimates if you need help finding the right flat roof system for your project.
Choose Burton Roofing for your flat roofing supplies
At Burton Roofing, we have over 35 years of experience in the trade, and we’re also a trusted supplier of VELUX flat roof windows. This means we have the knowledge to help you choose which flat roof system will work for you.
You can rely on us to provide high-quality VELUX products at the right price, and we have hundreds of Trustpilot reviews from happy customers to prove it.
If you place your order before 2pm, you’ll get next-day delivery on all products in stock, and we even have free delivery in selected areas. Read more about our delivery rates or use our delivery estimate tool when you go checkout.
And if you have any questions or need any help with choosing the right flat roof VELUX window for you, you can call us on 0800 124 4431.
Choose a base unit which includes the options of Fixed or Electric
Choose your top cover which includes Domes and Curved Glass
Select an insulated timber Kerb to match the size of your flat roof window
Easy access to the roof, terrace or in case of emergency
Items 25-36 of 79